Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Settling in...

Hi! We're still alive, just digging out from a pile of boxes. :) We have a few left and some finishing touches to make on the apartment, but it's coming along nicely.

Our apartment is very nice. New appliances, Pergo floor in the living room and dining room and plush carpeting in the bedrooms and hallway. Never mind that our brand new dryer decided to die. More on that later.

The boys screamed hysterically at bedtime the first night here. Micaiah said, "I want to have two different houses, but I want to go to our old new house now." I rocked him in the rocking chair for a while, which comforted him. They eventually went to bed and have been taking naps and bedtime in stride. Thank the Lord for that!

I asked Micaiah what he thought of our new place and he said, "It's good! I have my same mommy, my same brother Caleb, my same Meemom and my same daddy." I guess that's all it takes to keep a 3-year old happy. :) That statement spoke volumes to us about the importance of Keith and I working hard at our marriage for the security and stability of our kids' lives (not to mention a million other reasons).

So, now Micaiah has dubbed this place our "new house". The apartment that we just moved out of is now called our "old new house" and the house that we sold last year has been designated our "old house". What a thinker.

Keith started his new job today! Yay! God is so faithful and I'll share more on Keith's new job later. God bless you all and I'll be updating more soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy house-warming! things like moving take on new dimensions and new persectives when you do it with kids, don't they?
That was a really good illustration about our mariages being the source of secutiry for our kids - good reminder :)

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

we're so very, very glad you're here!

Anna said...

Glad that you're getting settled in! Your Mic is so cute with how he thinks things through! Old house, old new house...etc! It's so quiet around here right now...have a great day!