...to make my husband ecstatic is $12 a month. Can you believe it?
Keith: You know, football season is starting soon...
Me: Okay...
Keith: It sure would be nice if we got some reception on our t.v. (we don't).
Me: Hmm...
Keith: Have you tried calling about basic cable?
Me: Nope.
(A few minutes later)
Me: Hello Cable Company, do you have basic cable? Oh, $12/month...sign me up.
Me: Honey, aren't you so happy that I bought you cable? You should sing "You are so beautiful to me". Now you can watch Sunday night football.
Keith: Yeah, it's on Monday nights and Thursday nights, too.
Me: WHAT?!?! You didn't tell me that...why I should call and cancel...
Keith: singing "You are so beautiful to me..."
Don't you love how I was taking credit for 'buying him cable'? Never mind that his is the only income. I get to take credit because I *called* the company and set it up. That was easy.
And I do not enjoy watching sports...at all...maybe I should have titled this post, "Why I'll Be Blogging Alot when Football Season Starts" or "The Most Miserable $12 I Ever Spent".
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
4 comments:
You are too funny!! I don't mind sports - i just don't understand football very well!!
I have THE solution...
Dave and Keith can watch football together (and whichever kids are already in bed at that paticular home)...
while you and I watch something along the lines of a chick flick (and whichever kids are already in bed at that paticular home)
yahoo - boring sports problem solved!
I'm with ya sister! Good thing my husband's not big into football. I do however get to watch golf on the weekends. Oh joy!
And yes, I too made my husband happy by getting him a subscription to Golf Digest. Now all I hear about is needing to go to the driving range to practice his swing!
If you and Courtney actually work out this TV watching dilema = this really could all be to your advantage! Wish I could join you!
to read between the lines: when Courtney talks about chick flicks she specifically means that "Baby Momma" movie that's finally coming out on DVD...
Post a Comment