You knew I could not stay away for long, didn't you?
We have had about 2,038 conversations since yesterday that go something like this:
Mic: Mom, are we going to Meemaw's house now?
Me: Not today. We are leaving tomorrow after daddy gets home from work.
Mic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Insert screaming and melting into a heap on the floor)
Mic: Mom, did you say we are going to Meemaw's house after we eat dinner?
Me: Tomorrow, Mic, tomorrow.
Mic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Same as above)
Mic: Mom, I'm going to put my shoes on so I can go to Meemaw's house.
Me: Are you going to sleep all night with your shoes on? We are going tomorrow.
Mic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (You know how it goes by now.)
This morning...
Mic: Mom, are we going to Meemaw's house today?
Me: Yes, Mic, today after daddy gets home from work.
Mic: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mic: Mom, I'm ready now...
Yes, we have really had this conversation over and over again since yesterday and no, he did not sleep with his shoes on.
I should have titled this post, "2,038 reasons why you should not tell your child anything until you are getting into the car and driving away"
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
4 comments:
I wished that you lived closer still so that we could hang out now that I've got to know you a little more:) (Sorry for not doing it the year you were here...lotsa business & changes, you know!) I love your stories about your boys, your days & your grocery shopping. I think that we have a lot of similarities!!! Have fun being away!
Hope you have a great time away!!! It sounds like the boys were just a little bit excited to go :)!!!
So funny to read b/c I can totally relate! But not so funny when it's happening in real life. Have a great trip!
So funny. I love 3-yr olds don't you? (There is sarcasm and non-sarcasm all wrapped up in that statement!)
Post a Comment