I have discovered the joys of my public library and am devouring books on a weekly basis. So...what should I read?
Does anyone have any authors that they just love? Any classic must-reads? I love all kinds of books and am looking for fiction and non-fiction works.
I have read two biographies plus the Diary of Anne Frank and am getting ready to start the biography of Louisa May Alcott.
Opinions?
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
4 comments:
Hey Deanna,
Okay so "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" is a good fiction book. Anything by David McCullough like Truman or John Adams is great. A book called "Mornings on Horseback" about Teddy Roosevelt is a must read. Rick Beyer's historical fact books are great. Catherine Marshall writes both great Christian fiction as well as devotional/nonfiction books, "Julie" is one of my favorites, "Christy", "A Man Called Peter", "Something More", are all good. And C.S. Lewis, "Surprised by Joy", "God in the Dock', any of his are astoundingly great... I have many more if you ever need some!
I really enjoyed Francine River's novellas about the women in Jesus' lineage; "Ruth", "Tamar", "Bathsheba", "Rahab" and "Ruth"
That last one was supposed to be "Mary" :) Have you read them?
Thanks for the help, Sarah and Sarah!
Sarah B.~What a list! You must be an avid reader. I have been looking for more "history" type of reading, so this will be great!
Sarah F.~No I haven't read those books by Francine Rivers.
I can't wait to see if my library has these. :)
Post a Comment