We had a great weekend here! Sure, the weather was rainy and cold...but I went to bed feeling content each night. Keith spent a lot of time playing with the boys this weekend. They played in their room with trains and legos. The boys were happy to have some daddy time and it gave me a nice break to relax a little.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caleb is doing great with potty training. He is at the stage of telling us when he has to go and has been staying dry consistently (even for naps and once at night). He has even gone "#2" on the potty twice, though he was not all that thrilled about it. I still use diapers when we go out but Caleb has taken it upon himself to stay dry and tell me when he has to go potty.
Yay, Caleb!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since Keith was relaxing and watching football yesterday, I took Mic with me to the grocery store. We drove straight past our closest grocery and went to the grocery with the play area for kids. It is so nice to have this option and it's still about 1 or 2 miles from our house.
Unbeknownst to me, Micaiah made a craft there and forgot to bring it home. After we unloaded the groceries at home, Mic comes into the kitchen crying. He informed me that he forgot to bring his owl puppet home and proceeds to flap his elbows, imitating said owl.
I couldn't take it. Maybe if he hadn't flap his "wings"...I don't know. He was so upset and just crying his heart out. So, I grabbed my purse and informed Keith that I would be right back. I drove back to the store and picked up that boy's puppet. When I came home, he kept saying, "Oh Mom, thanks for going to get my puppet. Thank you."
I would have gotten him two owl puppets if I could, just because he's so cute.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend!!
Yay Caleb!
I would have done the same thing and probably framed that silly owl puppet!
I bet you are so thrilled about the potty thing. I keep telling Samuel that his poopies want to go swimming and then when they are flushed they will go to a big poopy party...it's not working. Neither is the poopy sticker chart that rewards him with a trip to go ice skating.
He just takes off his underwear, puts on a pull-up and goes into his room - door shut! Then he comes out and tells me he had an accident.
Oh-well!
Post a Comment