At 3:30 a.m., Caleb was yelling happily in his crib. Do you want to know what he was saying?
"Mommy, get up now, please!" Over and over again.
When he didn't stop, I went in and told him to be quiet and go back to sleep.
And he did.
Phew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Micaiah asked for a piece of candy while we were eating dinner. I told him no, but that he could choose a piece of candy for dessert later.
He said to me, in the most pleasant of voices, "No, I'll have mine now. You can have yours whenever you want to. Mmm-kay?"
Through my laughter, I said, "Sorry buddy, that's not how it works around here."
Nice try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have started exercising again. Okay, I did it twice this week...but it's a start. I was a regular exerciser until two Novembers ago when I did something to my foot. Then I just got out of the habit.
Micaiah asked me this morning why I was exercising. I told him that exercising was just like eating healthy food. That it is important to keep our bodies healthy and strong. I gave him other examples of how we can exercise (ride bikes, walk, run and play), so he jumped up and rode his tricycle while I was exercising. Very cute.
He came back over to me and said, "Mom, is it exercise when you eat food?"
Oh darling, I sure do wish. Wouldn't that be nice?
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
3 comments:
I like the idea of eating being exercise :) Maybe Caleb somehow knew Lila was up at the same time, saying (in her own way) the same thing...
I love love love your blog...it feels like we just had a conversation in person...almost. I miss you friend.
Kimberly
That is tooo funny!! It is amazing what they think up!!
Love you and miss you!! :)
Post a Comment