Monday, February 2, 2009

sick boy

Caleb has a great immune system. He's never taken an antibiotic and never had an ear infection. As I sit here, today may have marked his very first sick child visit to our pediatrician. So this morning, when he woke up with a fever and no appetite, I was worried. When he sat on the couch crying and dozed off on my lap, I decided to call our pediatrician. His cheeks were flushed red and he was very cranky. His temperature was about 102 degrees.

Off to the doctor's office we went. What a magical car ride it was. It was so magical that when we emerged from the car, Caleb perked right up. He stopped crying, cheeks un-flushed and he was running around the waiting room. Oh, that was fun...explaining to the nurse how sick he had been this morning while she was watching him play with toys in the exam room. His temperature (by ear) was 100.9 and he seemed fine.

During the exam with the doctor, he started to lay his head on me again and whine. But, his ears are fine. His throat is fine. He just seems to have a virus. I need to keep him hydrated and comfortable with Motrin and I only need to call back if his fever doesn't go away in 2-3 days.

Meanwhile, Micaiah did not want there to be any confusion as to why were there. When we got off of the elevator, he marched over to the receptionist and said, "Caleb is not feeling good but I am feeling good." Then he told the nurse just to make sure she knew, too.

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Yikes, you guys really are sick too. I hope your little guy feels better soon!! :)