Friday, August 28, 2009

no thanks!

I have a favorite grocery store.

I could write and tell you about how I love and adore the store, the sale prices and the fabulous selection. But mostly, I go to that store because of the secure drop-off play area for kids.

When I arrived at the store today, the play area was closed. "Sorry for the inconvenience", the sign said. I was a little annoyed, only because it's not fun to shop with both kids, but no problem.

A manager came over and said that the play area was closed, but that the girl on duty would be willing to 'stick it out' and reopen it so that Micaiah could play. The cashier came over and I said, "Are you sick?" She said, "Yeah, I feel awful." When I asked what was wrong, she advised me that she was very nauseated and her stomach was hurting.

Thanks but no thanks was my gracious response. Seriously... I would much rather take both kids shopping with me than have to deal with a possible stomach virus tomorrow.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Gross! That's bad business! We're battling colds ourselves! :( How have you been?