"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
This verse has been rolling around in my head for the past couple of days. I can apply it to so many areas of my life right now.
I am 25 weeks pregnant now. Time definitely flies when you have two little boys to raise! We are having our third boy and are very excited about this baby boy. Nothing about this pregnancy has been normal, though, and I think that this boy is trying to make his mark on our family already! After our routine 20-week ultrasound, my midwife sent me for a Level 2 ultrasound because there was something that they wanted to double check in the baby's heart. He has an echogenic focus, which is a mineral deposit on his heart. It's small and will disappear as his heart grows. The reason that this is a concern during pregnancy is that the echogenic focus is a marker for Downs syndrome. Our son does not have any other markers for Downs syndrome and we are confident that God is in control of this whole situation. We have declined the amnio, which was offered to us.
After all of that excitement, I was informed that I also have placenta previa, which is a condition where the placenta covers the opening of the cervix. In 90% of cases, the placenta moves on its own. If the placenta does not move, then a cesarean is required and there is a risk of bleeding during pregnancy.
On top of everything else, Micaiah got a tick bite and now has Lyme disease. We caught it very early and the rash is already almost gone. He will be on antibiotics for the next three weeks and we are trusting God for a full healing.
We are doing well, believe it or not. We are confident in a God who loves us and will carry us through any challenges that we may face. Mostly, we are thankful that the things that we have faced are not as serious as they could be.
I guess you could say that we are walking by faith.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
3 comments:
Deanna, I was diagnosed with low-lying placenta as well! I have my follow up appointment in early July to see if it's moved. Crazy! I'll be praying for you as well! :)
Deanna - It is truly amazing how much pregnancy prepares us for parenthood. Being a mom is a true lesson in letting God be in control and it starts the moment they are conceived.
Praying for God's perfect plan, divine health for you and your family and peace of mind as you walk out some of these rough spots.
hugs:)
I'm praying here too. When I was pregnant with Evan they had to do a level 2 ultrasound as well because they saw some areas of abnormal fluid on his brain. We prayed and the next ultrasound didn't show them. God showed us though, just like you, that He was in control and we needed to trust Him.
Love you lots.
And oh, now that school is done, do you want to come over some Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday?
Post a Comment