Saturday, March 15, 2008

Round 2?

Any parent will tell you that it's one thing to take care of sick children. You can stay up all night, mop up yucky stuff, hold crying children and cater to the never-ending demands of the sick child. As long as YOU feel well.

Oh, but when you DON'T feel well...watch out. Keith and I are currently having a 'mild' case of whatever Micaiah is dealing with. So, we're tired, weak, dizzy, light-headed, plus have some of the gastrointestinal yuckiness. Fun times. The good news is that Caleb is still well, though he woke up this morning with a hoarse voice, runny nose and sneezing. And Micaiah is more sick this morning than he has been for the past 3 days. **This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.** (For the record, he is peeing, drinking and eating a little, so he is not dehydrated...though I am watching him closely.)

Either way, we're hanging in here and everyone is napping now. I am feeling well for now and will probably lay down soon. Oh, and our sweet neighbors brought us the most delicious chicken soup, bread and orange juice (thanks Sally and Omar).

One Caleb funny before I wrap this up: Caleb saw me pull out the peanut butter & jelly (our daily lunch) to make lunch and he sat on the kitchen floor watching me and kept saying "yuntz" (which means "lunch" in Caleb-speak). No wonder the child weighs 30 lbs.!

0 comments: