Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some much needed perspective

While visiting with our family and friends recently, I gained some much needed perspective on my life, its direction and my purpose. How did that happen, you ask? I spent time with family and friends. I watched them love on my boys, play with them, comment on how smart and cute and amazing they are...and it hit me. These boys ARE smart and cute and amazing. It's sad how quickly I forget these things when I am in the midst of life, with all of its demands and challenges. Yes, having two young boys is exhausting, it's hard and sometimes just downright frustrating. But, it's going so quickly, as my babies are already 3 years old and 16 months old.

In light of this revelation, I am hugging more, smiling at the boys more and just letting things happen instead of being so uptight.

On another note, Mic came down with a stomach bug less than 12 hours after we got home from our trip. He is just now getting better (almost 36 hours later). We were up all night the first night home, since he couldn't stop losing the contents of his stomach. Poor baby. He told me that "I not like be sick, Mommy." His symptoms have been gone for several hours now, but he is still pretty weak and tired. He is going to get some toast for lunch, so that should help. We have been giving him popsicles and of course, Cay has to get one too, so he doesn't feel left out. When I pulled them out of the freezer earlier, Cay said, "Pops, yay" and started clapping.

Even though he's sick, this little guy still makes us laugh. Last night I was watching American Idol, which Mic calls "the singing show". Here is our conversation:

Mic: We watching your singing show, Mom?
Me: Yes, do you like it? Are you going to sing on t.v.?
Mic: Yeah.
Me: What are you going to sing when you are on the singing show?
Mic: I sing "Jesus loves Me" on your singing show, Mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the boys are doing better. It is "No Fun" being sick!! You are a great mommy - keep up the good work!!
-Sally

Rachel said...

I love how yout type out your conversations with Micaiah! So cute. Natalie said a cute thing the other day, she brought Sarah a dried worm and Sarah asked her how he died, she said "On the Cross!". I hear you'll be staying up here? (well in the state) Fill me in when you get a chance, I haven't talked to you in awhile!
Have a good weekend!
Rachel

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

Here you are! What fun!

I love your perspective - and it's one we need to remind ourselves of over and over through the years. You're a great mom - and your boys are great kids (Keith's a pretty good guy too!)

we're moving in 52 days - ack!