It seems that in all my excitement, I never blogged about my mom, dad and sister visiting! There's much to be told.
First, my dad and sister came for a weekend and the visit was SO short. I really didn't feel like I got to connect with them like I wanted to. :( I hope they come back soon. My dad let me drive his brand new (one day old) truck to go yard sale-ing. He must really love and trust me, though I know he was a little worried. What dad wouldn't be? We did have a good time and they took the boys swimming at the hotel pool. That was stressful for me to watch and I probably gave everyone an ulcer with my worrying. Sorry!
My mom was with us for almost two weeks and, as is always the case with my mom, there were so many funny things that happened. The boys loved her being here...for the first eight days. Then, the novelty wore off and they wanted mommy again. :) She is not easily offended, thank the Lord.
Let's see:
~Mom chased down the UPS man to see if he had my Verizon modem. He didn't. I mean, chased the truck around our apartment complex.
~One day I was making lunch and Mic said he had to go to the bathroom. I asked mom to help him and he said, "NO! I want mommy to help me. Meemom, can you make our lunch??" Hahahah. This was obviously after the 8 day period mentioned above. :)
~Mom took the boys to the park and at 11:10 a.m., Caleb said, "Eat, lunch, mommy?" and then would try to start walking in the direction of our apartment. He did this three days in a row. Each time at 11:10 a.m.
~Just about every night, Mom would promise to get up with the boys in the morning and let me sleep in. And, every morning, I would get up with the boys and Mom would be sleeping soundly on the couch while the boys played around her. She is a sound sleeper.
The move went much more smoothly because Mom was with us and I can't thank her enough. Our boxes got unpacked because she was happy to entertain the boys. Thanks, Mom, Dad and Danielle for visiting! We love you and miss you. You'd better come see us again soon.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment