Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's been 20 months?!?!

If you remember, Caleb was born 2 days before Micaiah turned twenty months old. Well, tomorrow Caleb turns twenty months old, too. It's amazing to watch Caleb and see how much of a baby he still is to me. I remember thinking that Micaiah was still so much a baby at twenty months. Then we brought Caleb home. Micaiah was huge compared to him and he grew up in that instant. Remember when they looked like this?



I sure do.

Micaiah is the ideal big brother. For the most part, they play well and truly love each other. Micaiah hugs and kisses his brother all of the time and tries to teach him new things. Caleb adores his "Dah-dah", as he calls him. Caleb is cutting his second molar and was crying at 2 a.m. this morning. He was crying, "Mommmmmy, dadddddy, dahhh-dahhh". It was sweet. They look for each other when they first wake up and like to be together.

This week Caleb started to recognize himself in the mirror and say his name. He calls himself "Day-ub". Another milestone reached. :)

I took the boys to an appointment on Monday and had their weight and height checked.
~Micaiah: weight: 35 lbs. height: 40.25"
~Caleb: weight: 32.5 lbs. height: 34.5"
Someone actually asked me yesterday if they were twins. Okay, so Caleb is a little big for his age. :) I know.

The boys slept until 8 a.m. this morning, which was fantastic. I slept in too. It sure is nice to not have to wake up at 6 a.m. I might get spoiled by this, at which point the boys will promptly start waking up at 6 a.m. again. No doubt.

0 comments: