Warning: This post is simply a vent. If you are of the mind that stay-at-home moms should be 'grateful' that they 'get' to stay home with their children, then this post may not be for you. You can come back tomorrow when I'm a little more cheerful. :)
So, you've been warned. I'm having one of those weeks. I'm bored, understimulated and tired of breaking up fights over who gets to play with the (insert name of any toy you can think of, because they have fought over them all). Sometimes, during weeks like this, I get a little snappy. I am a little moody and just wish that someone else would play Candy Land with Micaiah. Or at least wish that someone else would keep Caleb busy so that he won't sit on the board AGAIN and knock the cards everywhere. I'm tired of Caleb's new favorite words, "Mine!" and "No!" Yes, I have been through this age before with Micaiah and I know to expect it. It's no less annoying. I promise.
I want to eat in peace. I want to be able to take a fast, exercising type of walk without two kids trying to push the stroller that no one is riding in. I want to finish said walk without an almost 2-year-old darling screaming and throwing himself into the street when he cannot push the empty stroller into traffic. I want to go to the bathroom without two someones banging on the door. "Mom, what are you doing in there? Are you going pee? I want to come in." I want to hop in the car and drive to the store for a minute, without having to buckle/unbuckle two carseats designed by NASA.
Oh wait...I don't even have a car to drive. I am not complaining about that, I am praying about it. We need a second car. Period. I'll update on that when the Lord provides it. :) And you know He will.
Since I have been feeling this way this week, I decided that we just needed to have some change in our normal routine. Anything! So, we packed a picnic lunch and went up to the little park up the street. The boys loved eating on the blankets and I loved hearing Caleb say, "Oh no...happened?...ann-ich?" (Translation: Oh no, what happened to my sandwich?" ) Umm, you ate it, buddy. Here, eat something else. Then a little boy came up to the park and ate some of our popcorn and played with the boys. They ran with him and were sad to see him go home.
Now they're napping. That little change did wonders for my mood. Really. Sometimes a little variety is needed. Thank you, Blogland, for the free therapy session and letting me get this off of my chest. Now I won't have to gripe to my hubby. He'll be grateful, trust me.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
4 comments:
Awe - I'm sorry! Hope it gets better real soon. We miss you guys around here. We will join you in prayer for another vehicle!!
Deanna, dear - please call me when you feel yourself starting to climb the walls - I've btdt!
I'll come get you sometime and take you far, far away (or at least out of the apartment)
Sounds exactly like the kind of days I have a few times a month! Good call on getting out of the house and getting some fresh air and different surroundings. It's amazing how much difference it can make. Know you can call me anytime you're having one of those days, I completely understand!
Hey, I have days like that too! Let me know some day and I'll pick you guys up in our van and we can go to the playground ... or somewhere!
Post a Comment