Monday, August 25, 2008

Keep walking...

The boys had an initial visit scheduled this morning with their new pediatrician. The office is pretty close to our house (0.91 miles each way, according to Mapquest). I had two choices:

Option #1:
Wake everyone up at 6:00 a.m.
Take Keith to work (20 miles each way)
Come home and get ready
Go to appointment
Pick Keith up at the end of the day (20 miles each way)

~or~

Option #2:
Let the boys sleep
Walk to the doctor's office
Walk home from the doctor's office
Save lots and lots of $ in gasoline not used

I chose option #2. Now for my friends in the area...I do not want a lecture or an offer about how I should have called you. I am not going to bother you when I have perfectly healthy legs and a good stroller. :) (Though I do appreciate your kindness.) It was raining when we woke up (at 7:15, thank you very much), but there was no rain during our walk until we stepped onto the parking lot of the doctor's office. The way home was sunshine all the way.

It was really nice and I felt kind of...empowered. I did what needed to be done and took care of it in a way that worked for us. It was a great walk and there was a residential side street that took us straight to where we were going.

The boys got weighed and measured, which is always fun.

Micaiah: 36.8 lbs. and 40.75"
Caleb: 31 lbs. and 37.25"!!! He is in the 90% for weight and the 99% for height.

Caleb has hit a major growth spurt. If you click here you can see that I had them measured and weighed on June 18. That's right, folks...in 2 short months, Caleb has grown almost three inches and lost 1.5 lbs!!! Micaiah has definitely grown too. I'm not too surprised on Caleb's weight loss since he hasn't been eating as much and is running around more, too. The doctor was not concerned at all.

What a good day it's been so far! FYI: Micaiah starts preschool a week from Thursday! He is very excited.

1 comments:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I'm glad you had a good walk :) and I won't lecture you (but I might lecture you if you do it this winter)