We all survived Mic's first full morning of preschool. I was not emotional at all, since I got that out over the last week. He was very excited! A little cold did not stop him at all. (He's feeling better today, by the way.) Since he wasn't sneezing all over the place or coughing everywhere, I figured that it would be okay for him to go.
Caleb and I came home and played together, relaxed, read books and ate. It was fun to just focus on Caleb and his potty training and just love on him. We laughed while we ate together, plus I got some housework done. This preschool time is proving to offer a much needed break for this mama.
When I went to pick Mic up, the preschool director walked right over to me and said, "Your son is soooooo sweet! How in the world do you ever say no to him?" I laughed and said "Well, thank you! We manage (to say no to him)." And I was proud. Proud of this little boy and his great personality. We have worked hard to teach them about having a good attitude.
Last night, the boys were playing with some other kids and there was a little girl playing, too. She was very small and about Caleb's age (though Caleb was about twice her size). She just happened to be running toward Mic, so he threw his arms open, waiting for her to run into them so that he could give her a hug! The girl turned the other way but the little girl's grandmother said, "I think your son wants a baby sister!"
As I was cutting Mic's hair last night, I told him to look straight at my belly so that I could get a certain spot. He said, "Mom, do you have a baby sister for me in your belly?" I called Keith in so that he could hear what our three-year-old was asking me. We had a good laugh (you know...the laugh that says "Not on your life!") and then Mic said, "But Mom, I had a baby sister I was playing with today." I reminded him that the girl was someone else's baby sister, not his! Silly boy.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment