Wednesday, September 10, 2008

preschool

Yesterday was Micaiah's first real day of preschool. It was only for an hour, but I attended an orientation during that time. He was on his own.

I was surprised at my emotions as I gave Micaiah a hug and kiss and said goodbye. Then I turned to leave and my eyes pricked with tears. That was very unexpected. I composed myself and attended the orientation with a great group of moms who were leaving their babies, too. Caleb was with me and he sat on my lap for the duration of the meeting. I thought for sure he would get restless but he didn't. He was an angel.

After signing Micaiah out, he came running out of the room with his backpack on and gave me a huge hug and kiss. He told me of the wonderful things they did and that he wants to go back. Yay! I am so glad that he likes it.

Last night we noticed that Mic wasn't feeling well. He started sneezing and has a stuffy nose. He either picked it up on Sunday at church or from preschool because we have not been anywhere else. He is in good spirits, though so that helps. Yes he is still going to preschool tomorrow if he continues getting better.

I'll leave you with two things: Caleb is doing great with potty training and going regularly without my coaxing.

And...here is a picture of what Micaiah did to his own hair after bath last night. He had a mirror out and kept messing with his hair. The results:

2 comments:

Mel said...

Yay for both of your boys! (Not on the cold of course)

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

how's Mic feeling now?