Mic loves to play but not with toys.
Just as I'm typing this, he went and got some birthday candles out of the kitchen to put on his pretend birthday cake. I kept wondering what he was going to use as a pretend birthday cake! He went over to the couch and put the candles in the space between the cushions so that they were standing up. I would never have thought of that. He had to get more candles out, of course, so that there were two for each of us.
The other night, we cut a piece of ribbon that was about 10 feet long and Micaiah played with that for a long time. He ran around the house with it, so that the ribbon was trailing behind him. We pretended that the ribbon was a jump-rope and took turns jumping over it.
A superhero entered our midst several evenings ago. Mic was in his undies and asked me to tie a 'cape' on him. This was the first time I have seen him play this way. He was running around, cape flying behind him and asked me to call him "Supergirl". Ahem. Well, you see, Micaiah, you can pick your own superhero name, sure...but ummmm, since you are a boy, why don't I call you superboy? Apparently, Supergirl is a character on a television show that he has seen. I convinced him that he should be Superboy and he was running through the house as I was yelling, "Superboyyyyyyyyyy, with the power to run!"
What a fun age!
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
2 comments:
That is great!! It is great to see kids using their imagination!!! It's the best way to go :)
I'm glad he went with the "SuperBoy" :)
and isn't my husband too much? looks like he has a good imagination too!
Post a Comment