I have not blogged since last Wednesday! It must be some sort of record. That's what happens when I borrow two novels from the library. Instead of blogging in my spare time, I read. Alot. Yes, I finished two novels this week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mic is loving preschool. He goes happily and looks forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays. But when I pick him up, he runs to me and gives me the biggest hugs and kisses a mama could ask for. There's a relief in his affection, a kind of "I am so glad you came back for me" so I know that he is still adjusting to this. Next Tuesday, I am the parent helper. I'm going to take Caleb with me. Mic is looking forward to us staying in the classroom to see what he does during his time there.
I am amazed every time I pick him up from preschool at the details that he remembers from his time there. You see, I know what they do every week because the teacher gives us a newsletter. It tells the parents what the theme of the week is, what books they read, what crafts they do and what songs they sing. Yesterday, as we talked about his morning, he told me that his craft was a firetruck paper. He recalled the 2 circle shapes for wheels and the 3 square shapes for windows, with no coaching from me. He told me about his snack and about the songs that they sang at "Circle Time". I knew from the newsletter that he was right.
At lunch, he looked at me with a wide grin and exclaimed, "I got to be the snack leader, Mom!" I have not heard about this before, but I assumed what it meant. He described to me how he got to go with his teacher to get the snack ready for all of the kids and how his name card was on the snack crew list. We high-fived and shouted over how lucky he was to get to help and he was very proud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caleb and I went to the library last Thursday for a toddler program, while Mic was in preschool. It was so much fun and Caleb spent the morning dancing, singing, making a craft and playing. Kind of like his own little preschool experience. He was so happy.
Caleb is looking forward to his birthday next week. Keith and I were talking about his birthday a few nights ago and he started demanding, "Birthday cake...table". When we said that he could have one on his birthday in two weeks, he cried for a bit. After he calmed down, he walked around saying, "Birthday cake...two weets." He reminds me many times a day that he is having a birthday cake in two weeks. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said, "birthday cake, ice cream cone...ummm, cheeseburger".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have I mentioned what a fantastic church we attend here? I have to tell you, blogland, what a great church we have. We are some of the youngest people at the church and if you look around, you see many widows, people who are ill and people who are struggling. Yet, when we sing songs with lyrics like, "Oh no, You never let go, Lord You never let go of me", you can look around and see hands lifted to the Lord and eyes closed. People truly worshipping God despite their problems. It's amazing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Without going into detail, I want to thank God for a financial blessing that He has given us. What a good God we serve. He does take care of us and He is faithful. That was quite a novel I just wrote! See what happens when I don't blog for a week? As you can see, we are well and God is good. What else is there to know?
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
1 comments:
I just love you
Post a Comment