Sunday, December 14, 2008

ice storm

We were hit with a major ice storm this weekend. It started during the early morning hours on Friday and it was ugly. Our electricity went out on Friday and we made plans to stay with our pastor and his family, since our stove/oven and our heat are all electric.

I spent the day with Courtney and the kids were angels. We cooked dinner for everyone and had a great time talking, laughing and simultaneously taking care of all of the kids. At the last moment on Friday evening, our electricity was back on and we went home.

Then came Saturday and we lost power again. It stayed off for over 24 hours. We stayed at our pastor's house last night and the boys were not very willing to go to bed, though they were very willing to wake right up this morning at their normal time.

What a blessing our friends were to us. The kids (all 6 of them) had fun together. The experience was nothing if not loud and wacky.

We are home now and hopefully we're here to stay.

2 comments:

Tim and Sarah said...

Well Deanna I was just wishing for some snow down here. It's been 65-70 degrees the past week or so. After hearing about your weekend I think maybe I'll hang onto the weather we're having for a little longer. Sounds like you all made the best of it. What a blessing to have generous friends.

Sarah said...

It is great to make times like those fun. We just had a blizzard but luckily the power never went out. I'm sure you guys made fun memories... those are always the best! :)