Yesterday morning, I woke up with a plan. It was one to surprise my boys with a fun morning, which was to include packing a lunch and playing for hours at an indoor playground.
I didn't tell them where we were going, only that we were going to have a fun day. I faced a barrage of questions.
"Mom, but where is the fun place? Is it the mall?"
"Mom, why are we taking a lunch to the fun place?"
Once we arrived at our destination, the boys were thrilled. They ran...and ran...and ran. They played. Micaiah found a friend, who turned out to be a kindred spirit almost. As the boys were running back and forth, building castles and finding treasure chests, I spoke with the little boy's mom. She was so happy that our boys were playing so great together and explained that her little guy, Samuel, just started preschool in September. Samuel told his mom that he only plays with the girls in his class because the boys are mean and too rough. She also explained that he was very timid and shy around other kids until he started preschool.
Micaiah has told me that the boys in his class play mean and fight, so he likes the girls. It was so neat to me that these two boys paired up while playing and then I found out that they are very similar in personality.
Caleb took a liking to a boy there that he kept calling "Gabe", since my friend has a son named Gabe. This was not Gabe and I heard the boy's mother calling him Vince. In the course of playing, I heard the boys telling each other their names. Vince's mom took him to the bathroom where he proceeded to tell her that "those boys named me David." And he was fine with that. My sons were calling him David (Caleb was saying Gabe) and the little boy didn't care one bit.
Don't you love three-year-olds?
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
1 comments:
Oh, the simple things are so great!!! :) Sounds like a lot of fun :)
Post a Comment