Sunday, January 11, 2009

something happened

I was sick last Monday evening with a fabulous little stomach bug. For about 6 hours or so, I alternated between the bathroom and laying on the couch moaning.

Tuesday morning, I woke up fine but I did not have much of an appetite.

Wednesday and Thursday mornings, I contemplated drinking my necessary cup of coffee, just out of habit. The thought turned my stomach.

Friday morning, I made a cup of coffee and drank a few sips. Then I dumped the rest down the sink.

Saturday morning, I drank half of a cup of coffee and dumped out the rest.

This morning I had an epiphany. My body is not having caffeine withdrawal and I don't like the taste of coffee for some reason. Why am I trying to force myself to drink coffee again?

So I didn't.

5 comments:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

good for you :)

Levi said he thought children's church was better because of Mic

Painting 4 Him said...

Could you be pregnant? I can't imaging life without coffee-the taste or the caffeine. I know probly not politically correct, but...

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Vic~While I have considered the possibility, I am 100% certain that I am not pregnant, due to some medical stuff and other circumstances.

I have a severe aversion to coffee while pregnant, so you make a good point. However, this seems to be related to what was absolutely a stomach virus.

Justin said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't drinking coffee... Just means more for me!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah more for me too. love ya.