Thursday, January 8, 2009

back to life

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

That's the sound of sighing, heard from deep within me, at the reality that we are home and getting back to our normal. Don't misunderstand me. We had the most fantastic Christmas season. Making memories and giving the grandparents and great grandparents a fill of their grandboys thrills us to no end. (Not that the grandparents could ever get their fill of their grandbabies...I'm just sayin'.)

Getting out of our routine, no preschool, rules that slack, eating things that we wouldn't normally eat as much of...it can make for some cranky and dare I say, bratty children. And a cranky mama bear. Overall the boys did great. They weren't really bratty in general, just pushing the limits with me. My biggest issue was that Micaiah decided that he didn't have to listen to me. He totally pushed the line and got away with it, too, which was my fault.

There was a time that this disruption from life would have ruffled me big time. It did ruffle me a little but I allowed the boys a break while we were visiting and tried to give the grandparents the breathing room to fit a whole lot of spoiling loving into a week's time. It's up to their interpretation whether I did a good job...but I gave it a good shot.

So now we're home. Our Christmas decorations are down and the Christmas presents are put away. I have cleaned out closets because I am a clutter-freak who must clean things out before we bring in the new. Laundry is washed and my dinner menu for the week is just about done. Micaiah even went to preschool today, yay!

Next up, grocery shopping. Like I said, back to life.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, all the laundry washed? I can't seem to accomplish that EVER. I'm impressed! :) Of course, having Brynne around to wipe her outfit in food/boogies/?? 10 times a day and then spill it on mommy and daddy is probably responsible for that!) You've given me hope :)
I'm glad you guys had a great holiday!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Oops, should have clarified...all of the vacation laundry is done!

We always have a basket full of laundry. I've given up hope of empty laundry baskets. Especially since boy #2 is potty training. Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Yes, getting back to life is a good feeling!! So glad you had a good Christmas season!! :)