Wednesday, March 4, 2009

life

Boy, can a two-year-old be funny.

Caleb has kept us in stitches lately and kept us thinking, "Where does he come up with this stuff?"

Caleb loves to pretend. Throughout the day, we go on adventures through our apartment, looking for different animals. Sometimes it's a lion, sometimes an elephant. No matter what animal we are looking for, it always ends up the same way.

"Mommy, kiss the (lion, elephant, whatever).
or
"Mommy, bad (lion, elephant, whatever). Give him a spank."

Please don't call PETA on me. I did not teach him this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caleb: "Daddy, do you love Pastor Dave?"
Keith: "Well, sure buddy. I love Pastor Dave."
Caleb: "'Cause he's so cute?!?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While we were driving to the store on Saturday, Caleb asked to go to the mall. (Our kids love the mall because of the play area there.) We said no, that we were not going to the mall that day.

My two-year-old sat in his carseat crying, "I neeeeeed to go to the mall."

Two going on thirteen, I tell ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a heartbreaking note, Micaiah told me that his very good friend, Emma, will not sit next to him at preschool anymore.

He told me that she just won't let him.

My heart broke a little and I asked him who he does sit next to at school. He perked up and assured me that Rachel and Jenna let him sit next to them.

I need my mom here so she can do a little leg squeezing on Emma. (I'll tell you more about that later.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter is taking its good ol' time around here and I'm getting cabin fever. The same thing happened last year and when spring finally gets sprung, you are guaranteed to hear my shouts of joy all over the East Coast. Guaranteed.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You will hear my voice all the way down 9&20 when spring finally comes!
I would love to get together soon, our family is recovering from the stomach bog this week so ... we might want to wait until next week so we're all Lysoled up!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Micaiah was recovering from a cold when he got another one (just starting again). We should be ready by next week...maybe?

I'll give you a call next week.