Home. That's where we are now after a trip to visit our extended family. We got back last evening.
The weekend was the stuff that families are made of: hugs, love, small gifts, trips to the zoo and aquarium and catching up. It was a wonderful weekend for all of us. The boys loved being doted on and played with. Keith and I really enjoyed catching up with everyone. The aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents were glad to love on two little boys who are growing up faster than they should. It was in all a great time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to the zoo over the weekend and it was a blast. My mom talked me into riding a camel with her and the boys. I was really nervous and would never have done it, but the boys wanted to. Micaiah was a little nervous, but Caleb was waving to the other camels. After we got off, Caleb wanted to go and ride something else. They also got to feed the giraffes, which was hysterical since the giraffe unrolls its huge tongue to get the leaves from you. Micaiah, once he saw that tongue, promptly dropped his leaf right on the ground. After another try, Micaiah successfully fed a giraffe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We also were blessed to go to the aquarium this weekend. That was really neat. I had not been there in several years. Caleb loved the stingrays and went from exhibit to exhibit shouting, "Ook, there's more fish!!" I do not think he ever really figured out what the aquarium was all about. There was also a 4-D theater there. I had hoped that the boys wouldn't be scared, but they were. Not only do you get 3-D glasses, but there is water spraying out of the seat in front of you and air blowing out of the floor among other things. Keith took the boys out of the theater and Caleb kept saying, "That shark splashed water on me!" He thought that the shark on the screen had made the water spray him. We also went to a dolphin show, which was really cute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, no weekend would be exciting without a case of vomiting. We don't know what happened but Caleb was up all night one night, doing just that. It stopped as suddenly as it started and he was absolutely fine. I disinfected the room that we stayed in and just prayed that no one else would be sick. Thankfully, we were fine. I still have no idea what happened to the boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now we return to our well-laid routine called life: work, preschool, grocery store, the playground. We are blessed.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
2 comments:
i'm so glad you went on a camel ride! how fun!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Welcome back. I love time with family, especially living so far away.
Maybe someday you'll ride an elephant, now that you are a big time animal trainer!
Post a Comment