Time flies when you are busy with the stuff of life.
We are moving in three weeks. Our lease is up here and we needed to find another apartment in this same area. Our new place is a duplex, large yard, laundry room, one-and-a-half bathrooms, big eat-in kitchen (with room for our dining room table that some friends blessed us with). It is more than we could have asked for and significantly cheaper than our current apartment.
The landlord is the nicest man that we have ever met. He has been so willing to work with us on the specifics and is a real blessing. I look forward to him being our landlord. I don't look forward to packing, but we'll get it done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been working quite a bit. When you pray for a part-time job that provides some extra cash flow, you should be specific. As in, God might answer your prayer and then you'll be really tired trying to get accustomed to working quite a bit again. The hours are ideal, since they coincide with when Keith is home and I enjoy the job. I'm still tired, but I'm very thankful.
Since it's summer, people take off on the weekends and that's when the bulk of my shifts are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's amazing to see two very specific prayers answered: a cheaper apartment and a part-time job. God did both of those things for our family in the month of May. I would say that May was a great month for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The boys are doing great. They are looking forward to moving to the new place. They really loved the cats that were in the apartment when we visited (the current tenant was in the process of moving) and they thought that the cats came with the apartment. No thanks! She can take her cats with her.
We have been playing outside like mad and Caleb has discovered the joy of the sliding board. His favorite type of slide is the big, twisty tunnel slide and he has been known to spend the whole time at the playground going up the steps, down the slide, up the steps, down the slide.
Micaiah has discovered the joy of the older girl. He can be found making friends with any older girl on the playground and then getting them to run around the structure with him. Yesterday, he gave his new friend a hug before we left. So did Caleb, since he likes to do whatever Micaiah does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Micaiah's preschool ends for the summer on June 11. When he found out that preschool was ending, he kept wiping at his eyes. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Water keeps coming into my eyes, Mom." He told me that he was a little sad. He will be going back next year, so he's happy about that.
This coming from the kid that we honestly didn't know was going to respond to preschool so well. If you know Micaiah, you know that he was painfully shy around other kids and awkward to boot. He had never been in any sort of childcare situation. But, he has flourished there. He has had a great year and his teacher assured me that he is a delight to have in the class.
Micaiah did want to know if two months (the summer break) is a long time. I'd say he loves school.
Vice (2015)
11 years ago
3 comments:
Awe...is sounds like you guys are doing so well - i'm so happy for you guys. Can't believe it's been a year already since you moved!!!
Yay for your new place! Where is it? I'm so glad that you are doing well. I would love to hang out soon (though, looking at the schedule, I don't think this week will work ... oh, if only I had time to do what I would like to do ... and still get the other things done!)
Just checking in...its been awhile. I've not been able to blog much over the past month. Sounds like you guys are heading in a good direction and God is providing!
Your new place sounds awesome!!! Hopefully I can visit when I come out to see Courtney this summer. Not sure when but its in the works.
Oh and by the way - I'm not sure you could be any more germ-a-phobic than me. Especially when it comes to vomit!!! Your post made me laugh though as I though to myself that maybe we were separated at birth. I so relate to you girl!
Post a Comment