Friday, June 5, 2009

oh boy

The other morning, we were eating strawberries when Micaiah decided to save his last piece. He wanted to find his magnifying glass so that he could look at the strawberry seeds first, he told me.

As he got up from the table, he said, "Mom, make sure Caleb doesn't get my strawberry." And he walked away. Quick as a flash, Caleb, who was sitting next to Micaiah, snatched that piece of strawberry and tried to shove it in his mouth. I had known it was coming, so somehow I managed to grab the strawberry away from Caleb before it went in. He was so shocked that I got it away from him that he started screaming. What a close one.

Micaiah walked back in a few minutes later with his magnifying glass, inspected his strawberry and popped the piece into his mouth. All was well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day, Caleb was really upset and he laid on my bed while he was calming himself down. I laid next to him and he said, "Mom, I want to read a book." I told him that sounded like a great idea. He said, "Mom, I'm going to lay here, you go and get me a book."

Oh boy.

He said the same thing when we went to the circus the other week. He saw that the other children had those little spinning lights and said that he wanted one. Caleb looked at Keith and I and said, with his finger pointing at us, "Dad and Mom, you stay here. I'm going to get a light." He was serious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the link to a post that I wrote when we were packing last year. It has some pictures and all, so I thought I'd share.

Weekend Update

It's hard to imagine that we've been here for one year and it's unbelievable to see how much the boys have grown!

Our move date is June 27 and I have already begun the packing process, so I'm ahead of the game this time. But I'm still doing the 'social butterfly' thing, of course.

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Your boys as usual, are adorable. Congratulations on the move!!!! I'll be thinking of you while I'm packing too:)