Saturday, February 13, 2010

life

So many things are going through my head right now. I am starting the registration process for my first baby to go to kindergarten next year. Forgive me while I wipe the tears from my eyes and try to stop thinking about the fact that he was just born yesterday. He was, wasn't he? It seems like it to me.

Micaiah is so ready to go to 'big kid school'. He just realized the other day that he would be there all day and was surprised to know that he would even eat lunch there. That was a big deal to him. I have no doubt that he'll do great, though I expect there to be some adjustment for all of us.

Caleb is registered for preschool in September, too. He will be going to the same preschool that Micaiah attends this year, as we really love it there. That boy is so ready for school, too. He is also fully potty trained now, which is a big relief for us!

I am so ready for this winter to be over. Don't try to reach me by telephone when it gets warm out. I'll be outside, trying to make up for the cold months that have plagued us. I'll love even more to watch my children run outside again, without coats and boots. They are so cooped up right now and so am I. Funny...as I was typing this, Keith turned on the weather channel. There were snow flurries on five out of seven days! It can only last so long, I guess.

So, I'm off for now. I need to go and find my slippers!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hi! I've been wondering how things are going in your neck of EG! Can you believe that we have kids in KINDERGARTEN? Crazy. Somehow I feel old.
When the spring comes, do you want to come over and play on our new playground? Wait, don't wait until then. Are you free sometime soon? My boys enjoy it in the cold!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I'm ready for spring too... but i would really like a good snow first! btw, I think you're a great mom, wife, friend, etc. I appreciate you SO much!